Cyber Security Technologist (Level 4) with Financial Conduct Authority
You could be placed within the Technology, Cyber & Resilience Team within our Supervision - Investment, Wholesale & Specialists division.
- Develop and apply an understanding of cyber threats, hazards, risks, controls, measures and mitigations to protect organisations systems and people
- Understand why cyber resilience matters to business and society
- Conduct cyber security risk assessments against an externally (market) recognised cyber security standard using a recognised risk assessment methodology Identify threats relevant to a specific organisation and/or sector
- Engage in crisis management/incident response work as risks crystallise
This role is based in Canary Wharf with a planned move to Stratford in 2018.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Computer Literate, with good Microsoft Office skills and experience - comfortable working with figures and manipulating data
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present the outcome of analysis clearly and effectively, orally, in writing or through presentations
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to manage conflicting and demanding work schedules
- Good attention to detail, analytical skills and an open and questioning mind
- Ability to build and sustain good working relationships both inside and outside the FCA
- Problem solving and solution generating ability
Minimum of 2 A Levels at grade C and 5 GCSEs A*-C including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
Please note that you will not be eligible to apply to this programme if you have already obtained a professional qualification in this field.Future prospects Apprentices who successfully pass their apprenticeship and any associated professional qualifications may be offered a permanent role to continue their career at the FCA.