Higher Apprenticeship Quantity Surveying 2017 (Swaffham)
2 days left
About the role:
The Assessment of Professional Competence process for MRICS is included in the final assessment process for this Apprenticeship and will lead to the designatory letters MRICS and the status of Chartered Surveyor.
Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based. Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As the programme progresses you will have increased responsibility for the financial and legal management of construction projects. Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To manage and lead the cost aspects complex construction projects
- To ensure that comprehensive study has been undertaken of the whole life aspects of the project and the understanding of the client's needs
- To manage the selection of the specialist contractors for the project
- To ensure that disputes are minimised and settled amicably for all parties
- To manage the commercial success of a project for all stakeholders
- You will attend college and university on a day or block release basis during the Apprenticeship
You must live within a comutable distance of either locations below to be considered for the role:
Locations: Cheadle, Northampton, Swaffham, London, Peterborough & Cambridge
Business Units: Construction Services, Major Projects, Gas & WaterRequirements and prospects Desired skills
As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and People Skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project.
You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.Qualifications required
- Minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths, English and Science, with a B in Maths
- 3 A-Levels (or equivalent), including Maths A-Level at grade A-C
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test