Apprentice School Office Administration Assistant
7 days left
Christian values and ethos are at the heart of St Nicholas CE Primary Academy. Our aim is to provide children with a high quality education where purposeful learning, stimulus and a full partnership between teachers and parents encourage each child to reach his/her maximum potential.
We are seeking to appoint a confident, motivated and enthusiastic Apprentice Administration Assistant to work in our busy and friendly school office.
Working as an Administration Assistant you will be the welcoming face of St Nicholas CE Primary Academy, and as such will help create that all important first impression.
Your role will include general administrative tasks such as filing, photocopying and sending and delivering messages. You will also need excellent communication skills to enable you to regularly answer the telephone in a polite and efficient manner, and liaise with visitors and parents face to face in order to answer school related enquiries.
Tasks will include – but are not limited to – the following:
- To sign in visitors in accordance with safeguarding procedures
- To undertake receptionist duties and act as first point of contact in response to telephone and face to face enquiries
- Prepare meeting rooms and provide refreshments when required
- Deal with telephone calls in a polite and efficient manner
- Receive and deliver messages for staff and pupils
- Open and distribute incoming mail to all staff pigeon holes
- Sort, record, stamp and post outgoing mail
- General photocopying and typing as required both administrative and SEN functions of the school
- Update notice boards
- Collect and deliver pupils from and to classes
- Undertake basic first aid (after appropriate training) in absence of lead first aider
- Laminating and photocopying resources for administrative and SEN teams
- Administering stationery requests from classes
- To comply with information and guidance available in the staff handbook and Aquila Employee handbook and detailed in all other school policies
- Handle confidential information with due care and maintain confidentiality of the school’s affairs
- To establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with colleagues
- To be responsible for personal health and safety at work in accordance with Aquila H&S Handbook and Policy
£3.90 per hour / £144.30 per week
The post is for 37 hours per week (including study time) for 40 weeks of the year; term time plus inset days and the first full week of the school summer holidays.
Working hours will be Monday- Friday 8:30-4:30 including study time
- The ability to work with initiative and to tight deadlines
- Great organisational skills, and be able to work tidily in a shared office
- To recognise the need for confidentiality
The successful candidate should be able to show resilience under pressure, and be committed to working as part of a team to support the vision and aims of the Academy.
A minimum of grade C / 4 in GCSE English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.