Entertainment and Hardware Supply Operative
7 days left
PlayNetwork is a consumer engagement company that helps brands use entertainment media to connect with customers, in-store and beyond. Entertainment media (music, video, and other content formats) is a powerful brand component that adds what other things can’t: emotion.
We work towards are core values in everything that we do, which are; We are Customer-Focused, We are One Team, We Lead the Way, We Strive for Excellence, We Keep it Simple, We Do the Right Thing, We Celebrate our Wins and our Lessons and We are passionate about Music, Art, and Culture!
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, ambitious Warehousing Apprentice with an interest in computer hardware to work within our warehouse team. This is a manual role for someone physically fit, who has an interest in starting their career within this diverse and interesting company, based in the heart of the Medway City Estate.
Primarily a Warehousing role, you will also be able to get involved in hardware testing and liaising with other areas of the business.
We are looking for a motivated, driven individual to compliment our warehousing team. Some of the main duties for this role include:
- Booking in and receiving deliveries
- Packing music and video players for distribution
- Repairing & testing music players / Audio equipment
- Picking and Packing orders as they come through
- Monitor the coming and goings of goods
- Taking part in regular stock takes
- Contacting stores and chasing returned players
- Printing of dispatch and product labels
- Liaising with couriers and other departments
- General up keep of the warehouse, including cleaning and sweeping
- Complete tasks as outlined within your apprenticeship programme
- Adhere to all workplace health and safety (including dress and equipment) and code of conduct workplace rules.
- Undertake the training and assessment required under the training plan.
- Participate in important company meetings such as Monthly business updates and Culture collective meetings
This is a brand-new post and for the right candidate, there may be the opportunity to progress within the company on completion of this apprenticeship.
**Please note that some of these tasks will include elements of manual lifting.**
£156.00 per week
(based on a 40 hour week at £3.90 per hour)
Monday to Friday 08.30 – 17.30
40 hours paid per week (Max)
1- hour lunch per day unpaid
Minimum of GCSE Grade D in English and Maths.
The successful applicant should have a positive, can-do attitude and be able to work well within a team.
Someone who is enthusiastic, driven, motivated, adaptable and passionate.
Minimum Grade 3/D in English & Maths (or equivalent).
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.