What you'll be doing:
- Writing & testing scripts that build AWS infrastructure or automate processes and occasionally manually configuring services that cannot be scripted.
- Writing JSON files.
- Building visualizations using an ELK stack.
- Responding to, owning and resolving support calls.
- Keeping abreast of new developments involving AWS services and the languages that you are using.
- Being flexible in adapting to new situations, client requirements, different business practices and the challenges of working in the public sector.
- Technical ability - Evidence that you can build systems and write code or scripts that work.
- Commitment - Energy and desire to make a success of the work that you do.
- Ownership - Happy to take ownership of issues in order to ensure that they are successfully resolved.
- 'Have a go' spirit - Willing to 'have a go' and try new approaches and activities in order to get a good result.
- Artisan approach - Keen to take pride in your work and deliver solutions that work well and delight clients.
- Progressive - Keen to make things better both in terms of the services that we provide and your own skills & knowledge.
- People focused - Keen to deliver for people and to work with them. Good sense of humour.
96 UCAS Tariff Points (preferably including Maths and or Technical/Computing subjects).
5 GCSEs, or equivalents, at grade C or above to include English and Maths.
Ideally, we'd also like some of the experience below:
- Technical experience: Experience of and interest in building systems and / or writing programmes.
- Support experience:Experience of providing good customer service perhaps through working in a retail job.