7 days left
Due to the popularity of our software, Ignite is expanding and is looking to recruit talented apprentice testers. The role will involve a variety of testing which you will learn during your induction period. You will gain experience of manual/automated/performance/regression/white box/black box/stress testing across a variety of web-based projects.
Some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the testing of software produced by the Development team.
- Produce quality test documentation (Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Completion Report and Traceability) to agreed deadline.
- Review and amend functional requirements before creating test plans.
- Attend and input to project initiation meetings to ensure a good understanding of potential testing requirements.
- Investigate and verify problems with the software systems and base data reported by the business and hand to the relevant parties for solution.
- Liaise with the necessary parties during the testing life cycle to ensure that the implementation is delivered on time and of expected quality.
- Produce reports of the testing conducted and inform the relevant parties of any issues raised.
- Evaluate third party software for the purposes of improving or automating the testing and associated procedures.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the Test Team by the sharing of technical and business knowledge.
- Organisational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team, on own initiative, under pressure and to deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to get on with job and others well. Likes to succeed and achieve set targets.
- Ability to form good working relationships.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) A-C grades, including Maths and English.