AAT Apprentice - Outsourcing
Are you considering a career where you can use your communication, problems solving and numeracy skills?
The role of an AAT trainee will equip successful applicants with the necessary broad experience to start your career on the right track. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your AAT qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of an AAT trainee at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, study and socialising!
Your role will involve assisting senior members of the Outsourcing department with work across a varied client base, and ad hoc tasks as required.
- Ensure that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Maintain good relationship with clients
- Ensure that the manager is kept up to date with any issues arising from the client or its activities
- Be aware of chargeable time and charge out rates, so that all time spent is accurately recorded and jobs are completed on a timely basis, within the budgets provided
- Basic knowledge of double entry
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries, under supervision
- Processing and raising of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses
- Preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliations and cashbook analysis
- Assist with preparation of management accounts (monthly/ quarterly /annual)
- Have an awareness of how the outsourcing team works with other departments within the firm
- Prepare cheque runs and payments using BACS system
- Ensure that invoices, payments and bank summaries are prepared on a timely basis
Competent using MS Office, particularly ExcelPersonal qualities
- Interest in accounting
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Keenness to learn new skills and knowledge
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Be able to ask questions in order to increase knowledge
- Team worker
Five GCSEs grades A*-C including C or above in English Language and Maths
Three A Levels at grade BCC or above (or equivalent)Future prospects There is potential for our Level 4 AAT Apprenticeship to lead on to the ACCA professional qualification.