CFAB Apprentice - Corporate Audit
Are you considering a career where you can use your communication, problems solving and numeracy skills?
The role of a CFAB apprentice will equip successful applicants with the necessary broad experience to start your career on the right track. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your CFAB qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of an CFAB apprentice at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, study and socialising!
Your role will involve providing a high quality service to clients in respect of the preparation and audit of statutory accounts and on occasions, other ad hoc assignments.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit
- Understand and perform basic tests, and complete individual tests from within PROaudit
- Prepare a simple trial balance and identify errors in basic accounting
- Elementary knowledge of double entry
- Assist in the call and cast of accounts
- Understand and act on basic instructions
- Work solely on all aspects of property audits, which are of limited complexity, providing review points to manager
- Assist in the preparation of lead schedules and audit work which includes, but is not limited to: completing statutory sections, system notes, journal testing, capital and reserves sections, income testing, expenses testing
- Follow any reasonable instruction by the Senior on the job
- Perform bank reconciliations and audit bank sections
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Demonstrate an understanding of working to deadlines
- Prepare to be out of office at client sites conducting audits as and when required
- Competent using MS Office
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Team worker
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
Five GCSEs grades A*-C including grade B or above in English Language and Maths
Three A Levels at grade BBB or above (or equivalent)Future prospects There is potential for our Level 4 CFAB apprenticeship to lead on to the ACA professional qualification. Things to consider 'The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).