IT Wintel Engineer Apprentice - 11608
The IT Wintel Engineer Apprentice daily duties will include however not be limited to;
• Provide second line support responding to incident referrals. Support hardware and software for Windows server operating systems, virtualisation technologies and storage solutions.
• Prioritise problems based on severity and urgency and track all outstanding incidents until successful resolution or reallocation.
• Perform routine tasks for system maintenance as required.
• Conduct routine hardware, software and access control audits, implement remediation activities to ensure compliance with IT Governance policies and procedures.
• Perform operating system installation and ongoing maintenance in accordance with procedures defined by Wintel Senior Engineers.
• Perform root cause problem investigations and implement remediation's as defined by Wintel Senior Engineers
• Implement infrastructure changes as defined by established change control procedures following peer review
• Maintain all design, configuration and process documentation
• Build solutions inline with the approved technical designs
• Flexible approach to working as unsociable hours is often required
• Excellent communication skills both written, and verbal
• Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work load
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• High attention to detail with problem solving skills
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.Qualifications required
Minimum A levels in ICT/Business/Computing or an Advanced Apprenticeship in a similar subject or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits) or equivalent.Future prospects 92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks. Things to consider Benefits A pay review following successful completion of the apprenticeship.