IT Cyber Security Apprentice
Salary: £13,500 + £1,260 (location allowance) plus excellent benefits, location allowance and a professional training programme.
These positions will sit within the exciting area of cyber security; a growing profession that is in high demand. These roles will provide you with an opportunity to learn about cyber security operations, governance, risk and compliance.
The role is designed to fully support you professionally while giving you hands on work experience, supplemented with a professional study programme to achieve a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship. Once completed you can also use your certification as part of the admission process into a full Honours Degree course at university or as part of a professional qualification from certain UK industry governing bodies.
Responsibilities may include:
- Working closely with IT project teams to ensure projects are running correctly and look for solutions to any problems which might arise
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies and the latest developments in IT
- Some technical development work in specific technologies
- Producing reports if required in your area
- Attending key meetings and supporting administration if required
- Commitment to your professional study (Level 4 Apprenticeship)
- Engagement in IT divisional activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages e.g. Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- A passion for IT and knowledge of cyber security
- Self-sufficient but also a team player who is quick to build effective working relationships
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to communicate at all levels
- Proactive with an organised and methodical approach, operating with pace, enthusiasm and creativity
- Highly motivated individual with the drive to learn and succeed
- Able to effectively challenge, negotiate and influence
- Confident working with technology
- A passion for IT
The Ideal candidate will have:
- 260 UCAS points over 3 A Levels
- Maths GCSE B and above
- English GCSE B and above