Broadcast Bench Technician Apprenticeship
3 days left
As an Apprentice it is your responsibility to repair and configure the faulty equipment and ensure that it is made available for redeployment in future, providing a reliable supply of spares to ensure service levels are maintained within our contractual commitments. What will you do
- Receive and respond to technical enquiries, escalating to Senior Technicians or Engineers if required.
- Evaluate, diagnose, repair and configure electronic and mechanical broadcast/telecommunication equipment.
- Complete batch repairs and modifications.
- Review the quality of works completed by third party repair agents and escalate deficiencies appropriately.
- Identify common faults, initiate technical investigations and recommend solutions.
- Maintain accurate administration and records in line with company procedures.
- As required, participate in the on-call 24/7 arrangements.
- Maintain test beds and engineering jigs.
- Seek opportunities to continuously improve systems, processes and service.
- Apply analysis to establish the root cause of recurring problems and report findings to the Senior Engineer/Team Leader.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Analytical and problem solving.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent user of common IT systems (MS Office).
- Good practical, manual skills.
- An interest in technology and engineering.
- An ability and willingness to take the initiative and seek continuous improvement.
- Drive for results.
- Ability to work as a team worker or alone.
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
- A minimum of two A levels (or equivalent) preferably one of which should be in Maths, IT or Science.