Apprentice Quantity Surveyor
United Living has a vision to become one of the UK's leading providers of refurbished and new build living solutions, we are passionate about delivering sustainable legacies and we work with partners to deliver not only high quality homes but wider benefits including significant community initiatives.
Opportunities have arisen to join the United Living Group to build a successful and rewarding career as a Quantity Surveyor based on projects around London and the South region.
Apprentice Quantity Surveyors will form part of an established project team and will develop the skills and knowledge to forecast and plan budgets to meet cost targets, whilst understanding and administering contractual, financial, legal documents and processes relating to construction subcontractors and projects.
Day to day responsibilities and duties will include :
- Ascertaining the client's needs and delivery models
- Assessing if clients plans are feasible through evaluating contract instructions
- Working out quantities and costs for all materials, including time and labour costs
- Preparation of monthly valuations and reports including cost value reconciliations
- Analyse, compare and negotiate quotations, contracts and work schedules
- Monitor sub-contractors progress and the stages of construction
- Evaluate monthly payment applications and issue payments to subcontractors
- Administer and distribute project documents and drawings including legal, insurance and commercial documents
Apprentices within United Living will work with experts in the field, receive comprehensive on and off the job training with an all-encompassing supported study programme.
In addition to the day job, there will be opportunities to be involved with social, community and volunteering activities and our “Apprentices United” days will provide further knowledge and personal development skills.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong team player with good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- IT literate with knowledge of Excel
- Good numerical reasoning and analytical skills
- You must be able to balance work and study commitments across this apprenticeship so high levels of motivation and commitment are essential.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet needs of business in terms of location.
Qualifications required -
All offers will be conditional on completion and submission of an evidence pack provided to employers by LSBU.
• Level BBB or;
• BTEC National Diploma DDM or;
• Access to HE qualifications with 24 Distinctions 21 Merits or;
• Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points
• Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Math's and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
• We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C.
An apprentice holding a surveying/building related BTEC HNC/HND/Foundation degree with specific grades will be considered for Level 5 entry. Each apprentice will be considered on a case by case basis and may require an interview.Future prospects United Living has ambitious growth plans and with growth comes the need to attract and develop our talent showing passion for the construction industry. There will be opportunities to progress and continue to be part of the future with the United Living Group after successful completion of the apprenticeship. Our dedicated programmes provide an effective pathway and clear progression route through to managerial roles. Things to consider Potential to work unsocial hours Must be prepared to travel to different locations around London and South East.