Information Security Analyst Apprentice
Reporting to the Core UK Information Security Officer and Security Assurance Director, the Information Security Assurance Analyst (ISAA) coordinates security assurance activities with project managers, technology-focused analysts, engineers and administrators in the IT organisation.
- Initiate project triages and establish key security requirements for each IT Project.
- Security liaison with the business on various projects.
- Support projects to comply with information security controls through the project delivery life-cycle.
- Assist resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to security requirements and controls.
- Work as a liaison with vendors and the legal and purchasing departments to establish mutually acceptable contracts and service-level agreements in delivery of projects.
- Consult with IT and security staff to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware, applications and software.
- Recommend and coordinate the implementation of technical controls to support and enforce defined security policies.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the security engineering team to develop and implement controls and configurations aligned with security policies and legal, regulatory and audit requirements.
- Support Regional Information Security Officers in producing Regional Security Performance reporting and KPIs tracking, e.g. security vulnerability reporting, tracking and closure.
- As directed lead small remediation projects with global product and technology teams.
- Self starter with fixation on the Customer experience (External
and Internal) of Information Security and Risk Management.
- Hands-on experience in understanding, developing and communicating security policy, risk and control requirements to products and project teams.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze security requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with experience of working with all levels of the business, often remotely via video conferencing.
- The ability to interact with Pearson's personnel, build strong relationships at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and understand business imperatives.
- Hard working
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Positive attitude
Grades A - C in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.Future prospects Pearson are always keen to develop their staff and have many opportunities to progress within the company.