Security Operations Analyst Apprentice
The Office of Chief Information Security Officer is responsible for establishing and maintaining Pearson-wide security and risk management programmes. This team safeguards the confidentiality and security of all information assets, including learner, customer and business data.
As a direct report to the Senior Business Analyst within the CISO Business Operations function, the Apprentice will:
- Support the development of CIO reporting by interacting with the CIO governance function and supporting CISO VPs with delivery of monthly reports.
- Support the CISO Global KPIs initiative by gathering the relevant data on a monthly basis through interactions with functional leads in CISO and other Tech Ops departments and performing trend analysis to identify gaps and areas of improvements.
- Align to the Pearson Project/Product delivery lifecycle to ensure alignment and engage with key stakeholders across the business.
- Review business requirements and determines where support is needed relative to existing system and process design. Identifies key opportunities for redesign of systems to meet business needs.
- Gather and analyze information or data on current and future trends of best practice. Seeks information on issues impacting the progress of organizational and process issues. Translates up to date information into continuous improvement activities that enhance performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with experience of working with all levels of the business, often remotely via video conferencing.
- The ability to interact with Pearson's personnel, build strong relationships at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and understand business imperatives.
- Voluntarily takes the first steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities.
- Ability to prioritise workload according to deadlines.
- Proficiency in gathering and analyzing information or data on current and future trends of best practice.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting requirements.
- Experience and understanding of technology based organisations
- Strong/advanced skills with Microsoft and/or Google Office Suite e.g Word, Google sheets, Google Forms, Powerpoint etc.
- Hard working
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Positive attitude
GCSE's grade A - C or above in English and Maths or equivalent.Future prospects Pearson are always keen to develop their staff and have many opportunities to progress within the company.