Apprentice Software Developer
HUT42 are seeking an Apprentice Software Developer to join their successful team of developers. HUT42 can offer one individual the chance to learn the role of a Software Developer while working directly with some extremely talented programmers. As the company grows you will become a valued member of the workforce.
- Carrying out routine maintenance and administrative tasks
- Supporting other members of the team in a number of ways which may include; Carrying out self-contained tasks to support the construction of a wider system. Observing/shadowing the team member and identifying mistakes/typing errors to speed up error-free development. Setting up repositories, databases and other development environments
- Carrying out tasks as appropriate on the team's Issue Tracker, which may include; Bug hunting and fixing. Self-contained tasks. Feature requests
- Participate in agile sprints by organising your assigned workload alongside your other responsibilities.
- Submitting code for Code Review by team members.
- Writing test plans to be reviewed by senior team members.
- Carrying out test plans and reporting on your findings to ensure the quality of our products.
- Contributing towards team discussions regarding approach and system architecture.
- Collaborating with team members to critically review the current working standard in comparison to the industry standard.
- Keeping up to date with the latest industry trends and suggest new ideas/methodologies for adoption within the team.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the components which make up a web application.
- Proven experience of working on a small self-contained software system, or experience working in a team to develop a larger scale software system.
- Competency in utilising at least one programming language to solve a given problem.
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of programming.
- An honest member of the team who won't try to cover up mistakes.
- A self-motivated individual capable of working effectively without constant monitoring.
- A friendly individual who will contribute to both work based and off-topic conversations.
- GCSE Maths and English A-C or equivalent.