Software and Electronic Engineer Degree Apprentice
About Parker Hannifin:
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies based in Cleveland, Ohio US. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets. Parker has been operating for 47 years in the UK.
To meet its customers’ needs in motion and control, Parker provides the broadest range of products available from any single supplier. This is supported by expertise in nine major technologies: hydraulics, pneumatics, electromechanical, filtration, process control, fluid and gas handling, sealing and shielding, climate control and aerospace.
Parker Condition Monitoring specializes in the development and sale of products including used oil analysis equipment, bunker fuel testing equipment, wear debris analysis equipment and many other items for condition monitoring. We supply a range of Instrumentation and high Technology sensors used for In-Process Measurement in petro-chemical, land based and marine/offshore industry applications.
Due to the size and global nature of Parker, excellent opportunities for progression exist, both within the growing Parker Condition Monitoring business unit but also the wider corporation.
About the Apprenticeship:
The apprentice will be working in a dedicated team creating new products. Key areas will include electronics hardware, firmware and software on technology driven products.
An opportunity to interact with like-minded individuals of differing engineering disciplines on products and play a key role in new product development. Envisaged projects include input to digital hardware for wireless communications. With typical projects taking between 6 and 18 months – plus others running in parallel, this role offers varied experiences with many challenges to expand and learn from.
Likely Projects/Main Duties:
- Firmware development and programming of microprocessors – typically in C.
- Software development of applications for PC and mobile devices
- Internet of Things (IoT) development work.
- Analogue and Digital Electronics hardware design.
- Support/improvement of current product range including engineering changes (sustaining products).
- Detail design of New Product and Technologies as part of NPD/NPD.
- Development of applications to run on PCs and mobile devices.
- NPD / VOC project team member.
- Assisting transition from Research into Development, including prototyping.
- Assisting senior team members with electronic hardware and firmware design
- Responsible for appropriate NPD/NPI manufacturing documentation.
- Compliance with Legislation Relevant to Products (CE compliance of products).
- FMEA creation and maintenance in relation to New products for design robustness.
- Maintain legacy products including updates and improvements to maintain end extend product life span.
- Continuous improvements with regard to quality & efficiency of product offering.
Planning and Organisation:
Responsible for working pro-actively within the NPD/NPI project team and will take responsibility for the planning and successful delivery of designs or tasks to support the implementation of new products and into the Condition Monitoring Business Unit Manufacturing department.
- Coordinating teams and other involved staff.
- Contribution toward general project planning and budgeting
- Time management for delivery of tasks and designs.
To apply, you will need to be on track for, or have achieved, at least 3 A Levels (or equivalent) of grade C or above (to include Mathematics), or a BTEC vocational qualification at level 3. Level 3 Apprenticeship. Relevant work experience will also be taken into account in assessing applications.