Apprentice Associate Management Assistant (Gev Wind Power)
To assist in the bidding, tendering, planning, monitor and safe delivery of assigned projects, to time and to budget within the GEV Wind Power division of GEV group. This role is interchangeable between Account Management/Business Development and Project Management as required on a volume basis.
Initial wage will be £4.05 per hour increasing to £4.50 on successful completion of the probation period.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Your direct clients are internal and consist of:
- Account Management and Business Development team
- You will assist Account Management and BD team to deliver end-to-end tender and quotation process, ensuring the business submits timely, profitable and winning bids based on service excellence and delivery.
Project Management team
- You will assist GEV Wind Power Project Management team to deliver the project to the agreed contract and manages revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with customers, suppliers and subcontractors
- You will assist your key customers in the delivery of their financial targets Maximises business revenue by identifying commercial opportunities and converting these into profitable sales.
- Ensures all contracts meet required financial and commercial standards - e.g. profitability; payment terms and warranties - as per Group standards.
- Monitor and reviews progress against plan, reporting variations to the Senior Project Manager.
- Delivers required project profitability within agreed budget, prioritising EHS&Q requirements.
- You will assist your clients to deliver their targets:
- Collaborates with Technical, Contracts, Projects and other colleagues to deliver effective bids, subject to Director approval.
- Develops and maintains a detailed understanding of the Group's staff and their capabilities, and highlights these to potential and actual customers.
- Plans labour requirements and ensures adequate resource to complete each task.
- Leads and motivates a diverse team of staff, sub-contractors and suppliers, including internal teams.
- Takes direct responsibility for health and safety on site, subject to guidance from the EHS&Q Manager.
You will assist your clients in the delivery of their targets:
- Conducts “win/no win” reviews of each tender, ensuring lessons learned are carried forward to future bids.
- Ensures that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's sales management system.
- Implements the project plan, identifying and sequencing the activities needed to complete the project successfully.
- Obtains all necessary permits and licenses.
- Ensures the implementation of all relevant Company processes.
- Ensures the project meets relevant quality standards and customer audit requirements.
- Produces site and task specific RAMS (Risk Assessment Method Statements).
- Customer Service
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Reliable & Punctual
- Willing & keen to learn.
- Well presented
5 X GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English - Grade C or aboveFuture prospects On successful completion of this apprenticeship a full time position will be available for the right candidate. Initial wage will be £4.05 per hour increasing to £4.50 on successful completion of the probation period. Things to consider Please note this vacancy is with Gev Wind Power not Gev Offshore Ltd