Software Testing Apprentice
The Software Tester will offer a supporting capacity to the team dealing with customer issues and designing tests to satisfy requirement and in turn ensuring that new developments are as stable as possible.
The role is made up of 2 parts:
1. Designing tests to satisfy new features, updates and fixes.
2. Testing of digital products as part of a UAT process.
The successful candidate will be working with a driven team of front and back end developers, designers and stakeholders throughout the business.
Some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Understanding customer and stakeholder requirements through the interpretation of technical specifications and verbal communication.
- Understanding continuous integration of software products to include deployment processes.
- Working with development and management teams to ensure a full UAT process is followed and signed off at key moments.
- Creating and maintaining test plans and scripts.
- Ensuring that the quality of the products being released, updated or fixed are of the highest quality and fully tested.
- Remaining vigilant of test driven development, assisting development teams to ensure all released code has satisfied tests that have been written.
- Use testing tools to assist with ensuring accuracy in all of your work, supporting this with the creation and updating of documentation where necessary.
- Developing automated testing scripts.
- Ensuring that new features, updates and fixes do not have detrimental effect on other areas of the software applications.
- Ensuring that releases are tested and fully functional/ stable upon release in a timely manner.
- Communicating any suggestions for improvement to processes to the wider team.
- Participating in daily scrum as well as sprint planning sessions.
- Experience of C#, MVC, ASP.NET, MS SQL.
- Understands how to use testing tools and concepts.
- Understanding of the agile methodology.
- Understands the SaaS model.
- Customer focused.
- Experience in working with IT development teams.
- Team work.
- Numerical and analytical skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Focus on data security.
- Empowers and values people.
- Has ideas for improvements.
- Customer focused.
- Has integrity.
- Best in class delivery.
- Treats people with dignity and respect.
- Open and honest.
- Goes the extra mile.
- Takes ownership.
- Agrees realistic targets.
- Professional and efficient.
- Supports others.
- Effective communication.
- Able to work independently.
- 5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)