Reception and Administration Apprentice
The Mr Clutch brand is nationally recognised as one of the premier autocentre groups in England. We have over forty branches across the country providing a wide range of garage services; these include the fitting of clutches, brakes and manual transmissions. We are also able to carry out full car servicing, general repairs and, in selected centres, MOT testing.
The purpose of this role is to be a key contact providing administrative support to the general office, including HR, Marketing and Customer Relations. The apprentice role will involve undertaking a Business Administration NVQ Level 2 course, with possible progression to Level 3 and the opportunity to develop into a dedicated administrative role.
- Act as first point of contact in our reception area (answering telephones and meeting/greeting)
- Provide administrative support to the main office including HR, customer services and marketing
- Politely and professionally answer phone calls and direct them effectively taking messages where necessary and ensure these are passed to the relevant member of staff in a timely manner.
- Meet and greet all visitors to the head office, offering and making refreshments accordingly.
- Provide support on customer services if appropriate with the recording of customer queries and/or contacting customers
- Assist with basic administration such as filing, scanning, archiving and shredding.
- Assist with the ordering of Head Office stationary and provide support to all sites as necessary.
- Distribute incoming and outgoing post on a daily basis (including weekly site post)
- Ensure any bookings for the boardroom are recorded on the appropriate sheet and the ordering of board meeting catering facilities
- Run weekly alarm log reports for all sites, highlighting issues.
- Assist with the accurate quoting for jobs
- Consistently work to support the head office function
Any other duties that the company may request from time to time that have not been included in the above.
£156 per week
8.30-5.30 Monday to Friday
- Good telephone manner
- Basic computer knowledge
- Be highly disciplined, professional and thorough with the organisation with all activities and work load and understand the need for prioritisation
- Be proactive in your approach
- Be a team player
Need to be working at a level relevant to meet the Apprenticeship criteria.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.