Functional Test Analyst
Annual wage £10,000.00
Working week 37.5 Total hours per week: 37.50 Apprenticeship duration 12 months Possible start date 15 Aug 2017 Date posted 20 Jun 2017 Distance 218.6 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001256894 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Some understanding of: Microsoft .NET technologies; C#; HTML, MS Windows; MS SQL Server; Flash; Flex would be favourable.
- As above, any knowledge of programming languages is an advantage - candidates should have the interest and ability to expand their skillset into development areas, and be willing to obtain knowledge of programming languages (not to become outright developers, but be enthusiastic enough to learn and gain foundation knowledge in C#, HTML, or other languages that may be required in future to become a fully integrated member of the Scrum team, and to contribute in a cross-functional way as much as possible).
- Have the confidence and outgoing nature to contribute to team discussions in a collaborative way.
- A Willingness to gain the knowledge of test design techniques: test design specification; identifying test conditions; test case specification; test procedure specification; prioritising tests; black-box and white-box techniques.
- Knowledge of automation testing and associated tools (e.g. RIATest, Selenium) would be beneficial. Candidates should have the willingness to get involved in automation testing (learn and implement techniques) as well as manual testing. (RIATest is used at present, Selenium will be used when we move to HTML5)
- Experience of a scripting language (desirable).
- Knowledge of the e-assessment marketplace (desirable).
- Quality Focus - attention to detail and a commitment to meticulous accuracy; mind-set must be to work on the assumption that systems will go wrong, and so ensure that the quality of the product is robust; must be a completer-finisher.
- Determination - work on assumption that products will not be released if they have not passed through the defined process and been rigorously tested; drive to deliver agreed outcomes and raise standards of performance.
- Works Collaboratively - a desire and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues; a team player with excellent interpersonal skills; willing and able to contribute to team discussions; Scrum team experience.
- Problem Solving and Innovation - identify problems and provide feasible solutions; self- starter, who uses their own initiative; desire and ability to develop and put forward new and better ways of doing things.
- Flexibility and Adaptability - flexible in approach to work; can adapt to changing work demands.
- Planning and Organising - can prioritise to meet tight deadlines, whilst remaining calm; manages workload and one's own time effectively.
- Communication - good written and oral communication skills; can convey information concisely and accurately to colleagues.
- Demonstrates Learning Ability - seeks self-development and welcomes.
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)Future prospects The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.