Customer Service Apprentice (Kingston based)
Customer Service Apprentice
Salary Details - £9951 per annum
Job Term - Fixed-Term Apprenticeship for 1 year
Hours - 36 hours per week (20% study and learning time)
Location - Kingston
Apprenticeship - Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner - more info available here
About our apprenticeship scheme
We are looking for hard-working, motivated and enthusiastic people to join our apprenticeship scheme. Regardless of your age, previous experience or qualifications (although you must be at least 16 years of age and not in full-time education), we’re welcoming applications from those that show potential, determination and a drive to succeed. In return we can give you the opportunity to kick-start your career under the management of our skilled and experienced staff, whilst earning, learning and achieving nationally recognised qualifications at the same time.
About the role
New apprenticeship opportunities have arisen within Sutton and Kingston Councils Shared Customer Services Department, we have now filled our Sutton-based vacancies so are looking to fill our Kingston-based vacancies. These important roles are often the first point of access for most customers who need to contact the council either on the phone, face to face or on email and every day is different!
As a Customer Service Apprentice, you will be involved in a wide variety of work – everything from helping to improve our website, helping customers over the phone and in person and using your own initiative to improve processes.
Previous work experience is not essential, but we are looking for people with drive, enthusiasm, the right attitude and some core skills such as communication skills, teamwork and ICT skills. You must also have the commitment to complete the training and qualifications associated with the apprenticeship - Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner.
Please note, in order to qualify for apprenticeship funding and be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a GCSE level C/equivalent in Maths and English and be able to present original qualification certificates - if you do not hold these qualifications/certificates you must be committed to complete these via functional skills assessments as part of the apprenticeship.
- Only apply for an apprenticeship unrelated to any qualifications they hold at the same or higher level than the apprenticeship they wish to apply for. The apprenticeship being applied for must be unrelated in subject and content from the qualification already held.
- Not be enrolled on another funded apprenticeship or another funded further education or higher education programme at the time you start your new apprenticeship.Have the right to work and study in England and be one of the following:
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) or have the right to abode in the UK and have been resident in the EEA for at least the previous three years on the first day of your apprenticeship.
- A non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK, (not for educational purposes) and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of learning.
Our apprenticeships are offered on a minimum contract duration of 12 months (some are longer depending on the level of apprenticeship you undertake), offer 23 days paid annual leave, access to our online staff benefits portal (including discounts at local and national shops, restaurants and attractions), and a minimum starting salary of:
- £9951 per annum for level 2 apprenticeships (equivalent to 5 GCSE passes)
- £12,579 per annum for level 3 apprenticeships (equivalent to 2 A Level passes)
- £15,207 per annum for level 4 apprenticeships (equivalent to a HNC/Foundation Degree)
In addition there are further discounts available to apprentices and more information can be found at the Apprentice Extra website and Apprenticeship Connect website.
We’re extremely proud of our apprenticeship scheme and the achievements of our apprentices, many of whom have secured permanent employment with the Council and continue to excel in their careers.
There has never been a better time to undertake an apprenticeship! To register your interest please apply online by submitting your current CV and a short supporting statement outlining what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role and our apprenticeship scheme - please refer to the job profile below when completing your supporting statement.
Job Profile - please refer to this when completing your supporting statement.
More information about apprenticeships can be found on the National Apprenticeship website.
Closing date for applications - Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Selection/assessment date - to be confirmed