Apprentice Administration Assistant
Vital Parts Ltd are a renowned Plastic, Rubber & Metal component manufacturer and distributor based in Bircholt Road, Maidstone. Employing a wealth of technical knowledge and experience we are creating a reputation throughout the industry as the go to place for everything component related.
Description of Vacancy
An exciting opportunity to learn business administrative duties with a high-quality supportive team.
The Administration Assistant role will be mainly order processing, data input, answering the telephone and sending emails. You will be working with our sales department to provide general administrative support. Full training will be given.
– Being part of a Goldman Sachs high growth SME recognised company
– Never work on your birthday and get paid for it
– Up to 33 days holiday (including bank holidays + birthday)
– 2 weeks sabbatical when you have been with the company for 5 years
– Modern social working environment
– 4 paid sick days a year (once passed probation)
– Working for an ambitious company with a huge potential for promotions due to rapid growth
– Onsite parking
Tasks to include:
- Order processing
- Dealing with customers, providing good customer service
- Updating and processing database (CRM) on a daily basis
- Generating quotes for sales team
- Sending emails
- Answering the telephone
- General office administration support to the sales team
Monday to Friday
8.30am to 5.30pm with ½ hour lunch break
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
- Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.