A fantastic job opportunity has arisen for a family-run business with a proud history in the design, construction and manufacture of swimming pools, tiled spas, experience rooms and medical wellness products and is looking for a Manufacturing Apprentice to join their expanding team within the GRP department. MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To ensure assigned daily tasks are carried out with the best quality, no defects and no re-work to exceed customer’s expectation on all products manufactured from the company’s factory.
To carry out tasks related to the company’s continuous improvement initiatives.
To ensure a safe and secure work environment is maintained.
The post holder is required to perform the following duties:
- To complete daily tasks allocated by the supervisor within given resources
- To perform work to the best of the quality and have it inspected by the supervisor, so all products manufactured meet Company quality policy
- Raise potential issues leading to downtime immediately to the supervisor
- To contribute towards improving workshop and factory performance indicators
- Under the guidance of management, to engage and involve in continuously improving quality standards, performance indicators, efficiency and productivity
- To always adhere to the Company’s Health & Safety and HR policy
- Report any potential health hazards and breaches or near misses to the Production Manager
- To maintain good housekeeping standards and take part in the department maintenance schedule
- To undergo training as required by the Production Manager
- To follow production procedures and processes in place
- To assist in daily department shutdown
- Report to the supervisor on failed equipment’s and components immediately
- To log data as requested by the Production Manager to evaluate factory performance
- Ensure departmental operations are adhering to standard procedures, processes, quality, job flow, health & safety, clean work conditions etc
- Working as a team to continuously exceed performance and quality, thereby promoting a culture of excellence and best manufacturing practise
- Constantly improve performance as identified by the Production Manager in appraisals
- Perform other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Production Manager
What does the Apprenticeship Cover?
- Unit 1: Health and Safety for Manufacturing Engineers
- Unit 2: Communicating Effectively in Manufacturing Engineering Workplaces
- Unit 3: Working Effectively in Manufacturing Engineering
- Unit 4: Working Relationships in Manufacturing Engineering
- Unit 5: Understanding Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Unit 1: Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Unit 2: Promoting effective working relationships
- Unit 3: Contributing to effective team working
What Qualifications will you Get?
- Level 2 Diploma in Performance
- Manufacturing Operations (RQF)
- Level 2 BTEC Certificate in Improving Business for Manufacturing Engineering Operations
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1 Functional Skills English*
- *If Required
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
£5.00 per hour
Hours: 8am – 5pm
20 day's holiday plus bank holidays.
Apply for Manufacturing Apprenticeship
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly