Operations Coordinator Apprentice
As an Operations Coordinator, your main purpose will be to plan and execute logistic requirements necessary for the successful export and/or import of orders as accepted by Stolt Tank Containers (STC), to the customers satisfaction. In addition, you will strive to ensure that all moves are executed in the most cost-effective way and ensure that all activities are consistently executed within STC's existing Quality Management System.
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Create & Check move specifics, process and monitor confirmation of final customer orders, ensuring that booking confirmation from shipping line is received and correct details are communicated to the customer.
- To register required data in Vendor Booking List, in order for Equipment coordinator to review vendor and update planning, ensuring that vendor instructions are accurate and communicated in time.
- To update the system accordingly and in a timely manner, ensuring that all transport documentation is dealt with accurately and according to regulations.
- Manage day to day operational emergencies in your area and inform the Operations Supervisor of any serious incidents.
- To identify and address supplier problems and generate alternative solutions when necessary in the area of your control.
- To ensure all operational non-conformances for vendors/suppliers are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist accounting and general manager with accounts receivable problems on customers within his area of responsibility.
- Ensure that specific accounting instructions and agreements with customers are properly communicated and implemented within STC.
- To maintain customer related information in customer profiles.
- To ensure STC's billing procedures are handles accurately and in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in Internal and External Training
- To assist the operations Supervisors/Manager with projects as they arise.
This is an exciting opportunity to start your career and gain vital experience within logistics and administration. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, do not hesitate to apply now!
About the employer
Stolt Tank Containers is the leading global provider of logistics and transportation services for door-to-door shipments of bulk-liquid chemicals and food-grade products. Founded in 1959, the businesses of Stolt-Nielsen Limited are recognised for their sustained focus on innovation, quality, safety and service. They employ over 6,000 staff across 30 countries and are listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
- Monday - Friday 9am-5:15pm (1 hour lunch)
- Total hours per week: 35.75
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT Literate, particularly within Microsoft Office.
- Detail oriented, organised, ethical and able to prioritize and set goals.
- It is desired that the successful candidate will hold GCSE grades (A-C) / (9-4) in English and Maths.
- However, if these have not been achieved Key Training will provide support and upskill in these subjects through Functional Skills, which will be a requirement.
- If hard work has been shown throughout the Apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position within the company after completion of the Apprenticeship.
- Looking for an apprentice to grow and contribute to the company long-term.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 in Business Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If needed)
- This apprenticeship programme will be delivered and completed in the workplace, meaning there is no required day release to college. Upon starting this apprenticeship programme, the successful candidate will be allocated a training consultant who will visit them in the workplace. The apprentice will have regular contact from their training consultant and will be allocated time within their working hours to complete the work that is set for them as part of the apprenticeship programme.