Actuarial Technician Apprentice With Mercer
Weekly wage £381.50
Working week 9am-5pm Monday to Friday Total hours per week: 35.00 Apprenticeship duration 3 years Possible start date 02 Oct 2017 Date posted 23 Jun 2017 Distance 46.5 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001259803 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- The ability to use Microsoft Excel
- The ability to analytically and logically apply numerical techniques
- The ability to take responsibility for assigned tasks, planning and delivering results to a high standard and within the required timescales, and adapting to new requests or unforeseen events, e.g. avoiding errors and omissions when working under pressure to ensure that clients receive the best results.
- The ability to maintain high levels of service standards, internally and externally. An awareness of clients' needs and an understanding of the importance of maintaining a relationship with the client
- Prioritisation- Working in an organised manner with attention to detail in order to deliver good outcomes for the business e.g. working on a number of different actuarial/technical projects at the same time with different clients and deadlines.
- Commitment and Enthusiasm
- Working with others
- Effective Communication
- Professionalism-honesty and integrity
- Logical thinker
- Problem Solver
3 A Levels grade A*-C including Maths at Grade B and GCSE Maths and English at grade B (or equivalent qualifications).Future prospects Once apprenticeship is complete, there is the possibility of a move up to the graduate programme.