Apprentice Cyber Security Technologist
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Cyber Security Apprentice in Leeds!Who you'll work for
We are seeking a Cyber Security Apprentice to support our Sales team and Pre-Sales team within the UK region and wider EMEA team. The Pre-Sales function within the company is the technical sales team who are responsible for demonstrating our technology to potential customers, performing proof of concepts within customer environments or via our cloud platform and acting as a trusted advisor to both existing and potential clients.
The role has been specifically created for a Cyber Security Apprentice who will work alongside the existing team of experienced Sales and Sales Engineering staff.As a Cyber Security Apprentice, your job includes
- Maintain your own lab environment for demonstrations.
- Provide support to both the technical and sales team.
- Assess client's needs and resources and recommend the appropriate solution.
- Help drive proof of concepts.
- Assist pre-sales team in the design, planning, and implementation of a Vulnerability and Privileged Account Management Solution.
- Provide guidance to potential customers based on need and requirements.
- Provide product demonstrations to both existing and potential clients
- Assist in promoting sales to existing clients.
- Utilise sales/marketing software packages - use customer relationship management software, including Salesforce, to support activities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems including Roles and Features such as Active Directory, Exchange and DNS.
- Working knowledge of the Unix/ Linux operating system, must be able to install and troubleshoot issues such as those with networking or configuration.
- Understanding of networking and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of virtualisation technology such as VMWare or Hyper-V.
- You have a technical brain and the ability to explain things to those who don't.
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You ask “how we can, not why we can't”.
- You have a great sense of humour.
- You pay good attention to detail.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic about technology.
- You have good verbal communication skills.
- You have good written communication skills.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company.
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
- You like to win.
You don't need loads of professional experience in IT. However, you'll need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and IT / Science.Future prospects By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 16 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you will be offered a permanent contract ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation. Apply Now