F&O Operations - Apprentice Deliveries Analyst with Bank of America Merrill Lynch
We are currently looking for a motivated and control focused Analyst to join our Futures & Options Clearing Operations team in Chester.
This is a great opportunity to join a world-renowned company and build a rewarding career in the North West. You will be joining an exceptional and supportive team, based in our Chester offices, working alongside colleagues in London, India, Chicago and Singapore. We promote diversity and inclusion and will give you access to ongoing training to help you develop and grow. We reward high performance and support colleagues in local community based voluntary activities. This all helps to make our company a great place to work.
We are looking for someone with a keen desire to learn and progress within financial services and in return we will give you an in-depth understanding of our business. Every single day is different so this role is perfect for those who like to continuously learn.
- Processing of the Expiry processes including physical Delivery (inclusive of Corporate Actions and position management).
- Coordination of all Settlement activity post Expiry working with cross asset business partners.
- Management of Static Data to ensure timely and accurate processing at Expiry.
- Responding to exceptions and inquiries raised by Client Service teams and Front Office.
- Contribute to daily, weekly and monthly performance metrics.
- Liaise with internal teams in the resolution of exceptions and management of lifecycle events.
- Support of ongoing Exchange mandated upgrades, and testing in relation to changes to our trade processing infrastructure due to regulatory change.
- Provide analysis and resolution of issues raised by the Transaction Reporting teams.
As an Investment Operations Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Investment Operations Technician Level 3 Higher Apprenticeship. Completion of the apprenticeship will result in you being awarded CISI IOC qualification.
We are committed to the development of our people through:
- Career progression and internal mobility
- A highly supportive working environment
- Internal targeted training, as well as assisted study for professional qualifications
- Access to special interest initiatives, such as volunteering and the environmental working group
- A competitive, flexible benefits package that’s one of the best in the financial services industry
If you bring your ambition, we will constantly develop your skills to enable you to reach your full potential.
- 3 A-Level (or equivalent qualifications) totalling 96 UCAS Points
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent qualifications) at grades 4-9 (A*-C) Including English & Maths.
- Good educational background
- Competency in Microsoft Office
- Keen desire to learn and progress within financial services
- Determination and drive, working well under pressure whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Proactiveness, with a track record in process and control improvements, being able to identify problems and seek solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, well organized and able to prioritize
- Team-player who works well with others to deliver as part of a team
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Proven banking experience, ideally within an operational or futures and options role, preferred but not essential as comprehensive on the job training will be provided
- Excellent communication and the ability to manage relationships with peers and senior management.
- Strength in identifying and implementing solutions for process improvement.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritise tasks within a high pressured, team environment.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).