Paralegal Apprentice with DWF Law LLP
Main function of job:
We are looking for a number of Paralegal Apprentices to provide legal and admin support in our Insurance and Commercial practice within the following team(s): Managed Services, Motor and Litigation or Catastrophic Personal Injury & Occupational Health in the Manchester and Liverpool office. In your role, you will learn to assist with legal matters, transactions, client requests and colleague demands. You will gradually be exposed to more complex legal work throughout the two-year apprenticeship, and will work alongside paralegals, solicitors, managers and partners.
The role of a Paralegal Apprentice is varied and may include:
- Produce, edit and draft legal documentation and standard forms
- Significant liaison with Court Managers, Listing Clerks and Counsel’s Clerks
- Minute and note taking at client meetings, settlement negotiations, mediation and court
- Cataloguing and collation of documentation for disclosure exercises, trial bundles and instructions to Counsel and experts
- Drafting general correspondence and initial drafting of instructions;
- Dealing with internal and external client queries via email and phone
- Use excel and PowerPoint to produce reports and stats
- Management of filing systems and data entry
- Assisting with the inception, progress and completion of client files
- Carrying out research
- Handling confidential and sensitive information
- Understand and utilise basic financial information
- Any other administrative tasks, as required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the firm.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, we hope that the majority of apprentices will be able to apply for a permanent position as a paralegal or move onto the solicitor trailblazer apprenticeship (subject to performance and vacancies).
By the end of the apprenticeship, paralegal apprentices will be able to demonstrate that they have an understanding of legal and regulatory requirements, be able to undertake legal and factual research and practice good file management.
As a Paralegal Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Paralegal Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Additional learning within the apprenticeship will enable you to be awarded a Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services which can afford you exemptions from the first year of the Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship with BPP.
Your apprenticeship shall be delivered by a blend of online and face-to-face training and on-the-job learning.
- A minimum of three A-Levels or equivalent (96 UCAS points), and
- Five GCSEs at grade C (or 4) or above, including English and mathematics (or equivalent)
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- A positive, enthusiastic and proactive approach to their work
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands and prioritise workloads
- Common sense and commerciality
- Ability to exercise judgment and use initiative
- Confidence with IT systems and databases
- The ideal candidate will be interested in pursuing a career in law.
- Comfortable working at a fast pace.
- Capability to communicate effectively and develop strong working relationships.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).