Level 2 Warehousing Operative Apprenticeship
About the role
You will complete a 13 Month apprenticeship with Loughborough College whilst working at the Midlands Distribution Centre (MDC) in Ashby De La Zouch
On the job training will take place at MDC
You will complete a Level 2 Warehouse Operative qualification
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to work within one of Europe’s most efficient warehouses and logistics operations
- Potential future career opportunities across the Business in Transport Management, Customer Service & Health and Safety
- A competitive starting salary of £13,065 per year
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will progress into a permanent role on one of our teams with a salary up to £24,000
- 34 days holiday per annum including bank holidays
- Generous company pension scheme
- Support throughout from a mentor
The day to day role
- Gaining various truck licences including counter balance and reach trucks
- Working as part of a team to achieve daily targets
- Ensuring Health and Safety procedures are adhered to
- Completing hygiene duties such as making sure your working area is clear of any trip hazards
- Carrying out administrative duties such as Truck checks, Near Miss Reporting, completing defect forms where required
- Attend a daily shift brief
- Using computer software to monitor performance
- Duties may include offloading trailers, putting away pallets, picking orders, slip sheeting, marshalling, loading and pallet sorting.
- Training will be provided to support you in doing all of the above
To become part of our agile, collaborative and positive team, you will need:
- 2 GCSE’s (or their equivalent) including English & Maths at grade 4 (C or above) would be an advantage but is not essential
- An enthusiasm for continuous improvement, and collaborative approach.
- A passion to succeed and an eagerness to retain the honesty, integrity and trust instilled in our brand throughout your journey.
Pladis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.