Software Development - Digital and Technology Solutions Professional (degree) apprenticeship
- There are fourteen learning knowledge modules teaching advanced theory and its practical application.
- These are primarily taught online, and supported by classroom training workshops, which will be held at a local training centre.
- Delivered in a blended-learning approach, using a combination of digital learning and face-to-face sessions
- During your first 15 months you will be introduced to the fundamental technical skills you need to become a successful Amazon Tech employee by attending week-long offsite workshop modules covering, Understanding Systems Development, Maths & Algorithms, Data Communications & Network Security and Object Oriented Programming.
- During the second 15 months, you will continue to expand on your knowledge, diving deeper into the overall skillsets our software developer engineers need to be industry leaders.
- In your final year you will complete a work based project.
- Not only will you receive invaluable learning, development and professional experience, you will gain a BSC in Digital and Technology Solutions Professional
Requirements and prospects
- You have a hands-on attitude, flexible, adaptable and proactive,
- You aim to attain impeccable customer service, excellent customer facing skills,
- Experience (or a willingness to learn and practice) working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
- You have a deep interest in IT and a desire to learn more
- You are able to read, understand and communicate in English, interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business,
- You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines,
- At least 5 GCSE's A*-C or grade 4-9 including Maths and English
- 3 A Levels at C or above andone being in a STEM related subject, or International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject ,a level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject (180 credits). You must also have some coding experience via certification or self-taught.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.