Actuarial Technician Apprentice With Mercer
A fantastic opportunity to gain work experience and learn new skills that offer clear progression routes within the Actuarial industry!
Duties consist of but are not limited to:
- Data preparation and checking for accuracy
- Use spreadsheets and models to populate reports and presentations for clients
- Technical support for the wider actuarial team
- Systems development and testing
- Appropriate use of IT to complete a wide range of tasks
- Providing support for queries from clients, third parties and other business areas
- Develop an understanding of hot topics which affect the industry
- Study for professional exams
- Completion of internal and external compliance documentation
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- The ability to use Microsoft Excel
- The ability to analytically and logically apply numerical techniques
- The ability to take responsibility for assigned tasks, planning and delivering results to a high standard and within the required timescales, and adapting to new requests or unforeseen events, e.g. avoiding errors and omissions when working under pressure to ensure that clients receive the best results.
- The ability to maintain high levels of service standards, internally and externally. An awareness of clients' needs and an understanding of the importance of maintaining a relationship with the client
- Prioritisation- Working in an organised manner with attention to detail in order to deliver good outcomes for the business e.g. working on a number of different actuarial/technical projects at the same time with different clients and deadlines.
- Commitment and Enthusiasm
- Working with others
- Effective Communication
- Professionalism-honesty and integrity
- Logical thinker
- Problem Solver
3 A Levels grade A*-C including Maths at Grade B and GCSE Maths and English at grade B (or equivalent qualifications).
Future prospects Once apprenticeship is complete, there is the possibility of a move up to the graduate programme.