Apprentice Quantity Surveyor
Annual wage £18,256.00
Working week Monday - Friday Total hours per week: 37.00 Apprenticeship duration 5 years Possible start date 01 Sep 2017 Date posted 30 Jun 2017 Distance 194.2 miles Apprenticeship level Degree Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001260354 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Basic knowledge of Quantity Surveying practice would be an advantage but not essential.
- Understanding of domestic construction, specifications, standards and legislation would be an advantage but not essential.
- Must be capable of measuring quantities from drawings or from physical measurements taken on site, including physical measurements at heights e.g. roof coverings to 2-storey buildings
- Must be able to present information in a clear and organised way.
- Must have good numerical skills
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have a current, clean full driving licence within 6 months of appointment
- Commitment to training and development
- Able to work to deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be flexible in approach and attitude
- Experience of working within a team
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to organise own work load
- Minimum 112 UCAS points
- 3 A levels or equivalent qualifications, minimum grades as required by LJMU
- A level or equivalent qualification in mathematics to be one of the above
- 5 GCSE grade C or Grade 4 or higher including mathematics and English Language or equivalent qualifications
- Commitment to obtain a degree in Quantity Surveying within 5 years of commencing the role at the Trust.