Underwriting Services Apprenticeship with Zurich
As an Underwriting Services Apprentice you’ll be able to start a career in insurance with one of the world’s most successful insurance companies, allowing you to gain a qualification and experience while earning a wage.
You’ll be able to earn and learn in an apprenticeship role that will give you a real job with real responsibility from day one in a truly global company. We offer a fast-paced environment, where you’ll help deliver our Commercial Insurance proposition by providing underwriting support whilst gaining underwriting skills and knowledge.
Our apprenticeships cater for a variety of different skillsets and interests and you’ll receive all the training, support and opportunities you need to set you on your way to a successful career with us
As an Underwriting Service Apprentice you will handle activities within the renewal and new business process for assigned accounts to help Underwriters decision making, and ensure policies are issued and recorded on point and on time. It’s all about providing support to the Underwriter in the areas of underwriting services, procedures, policy endorsements and policy issuance. You’ll need to interact on a daily basis with underwriters, brokers and customers for your assigned accounts as well as attending external meetings to assure that all aspects and deadlines of delivery are fulfilled.
- A professional attitude and appearance with a positive ‘can do’ approach to your work
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Work with varying workloads and pressures
- The know-how to deliver excellent customer service
- Good negotiation skills
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C+ including Maths and English
- A Levels or equivalent would be advantageous