Financial Reporting Apprentice with Prudential Plc
This apprenticeship is within the Finance Reporting area in Finance. The team is responsible for carrying out actuarial valuations of Prudential’s life insurance and pensions business.
The team produces results to determine the reserves which must be held to meet future claims and assess the products’ profitability. The team provides information for public and regulatory financial reporting; including Solvency II, EEV and IFRS disclosures.
As a Finance apprentice, you will support valuation of various new and existing life insurance and pensions products. You will be expected to use MS Excel and other tools to perform in-depth numerical analysis of these products.
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking numerical analysis and data manipulation using a range of software
- Preparing and documenting IT programs and models
- Supporting a range of management reports e.g. committee papers, Board reports, and regulatory disclosures
- Responding to technical queries
- Supporting project work when required
- Seeking and acting on opportunities to develop technical and business understanding
- Drafting and maintaining up-to-date, appropriate documentation and checklists for processes
- Ensuring understanding and adherence to Prudential’s Code of Conduct and, where appropriate, complying with all relevant regulatory policies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong mathematical or statistical ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organise and prioritise, combined with an ability to work under pressure
- Strong understanding of MS Excel
- Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook) – Intermediate level
Desired (not essential):
- Experience of an office or business environment
- Experience of preparing written and verbal communications for a range of audiences
- Basic understanding of insurance products
- An interest in computer modelling / programming