Actuarial Apprentice with Zurich
Our Actuarial Apprenticeship is a great opportunity for someone with an aptitude for numbers who would like to start a career with one of the world’s most successful insurance companies, allowing you to gain a qualification and experience while earning a wage.
You’ll be able to earn and learn in an apprenticeship role that will give you a real job with real responsibility from day one in a truly global company. We offer a fast-paced environment, where you’ll be providing actuarial and administrative support. You can expect to be undertaking basic data gathering, analysis and modelling. As well as providing support for a range of actuarial activities, including experience studies, research and model development.
Our apprenticeships cater for a variety of different skillsets and interests and you’ll receive all the training, support and opportunities you need to set you on your way to a successful career with us.
Our talented Actuarial specialist’s underpin nearly everything we do. From product development to financial management, the team are responsible for a range of strategic decision-making initiatives. We have teams spanning both Finance and Underwriting, with exciting opportunities for career development, including full study support.
- To be prepared to study towards the ‘Certified Actuarial Analyst’ qualification, certified by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Numeracy skills and data knowledge
- Effective communication skills that allow for positive feedback from team members and colleagues
- The know-how to handle varying workloads and pressures
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C+ including Maths and English
- 280 UCAS points at A level (B+ grade preferred in Mathematics or other highly numerate subjects)