Web Developer Apprentice
Annual wage £135,000.00
Working week Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm Total hours per week: 40.00 Apprenticeship duration 18 months Possible start date 10 Aug 2017 Date posted 04 Jul 2017 Distance 183.6 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001269171 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
What do we expect?
- Ability to think for yourself, come up with options, ideas and solutions. We listen to you and not just ‘follow the spec'
- Some knowledge of technologies such as Java, Java Script (server/client), CSS, Angular, MongoDB, SQL, JSON, HTML/Bootstrap etc.
- Experience with source code management and agile practices
- You like to build practical, useful software and can work with clients, partners, and colleagues to do this
- You are a self-starter and maintainer
- On time
- Team player
GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and Maths.
A levels; a level 3 apprenticeship or other relevant qualification; relevant experience and functional maths.Future prospects For the apprentice to progress into a full time junior software development position. Things to consider The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).