We are an outstanding nursery registered to look after babies and toddlers, 79 per session. We provide an excellent standard of care in purpose-built facilities.
The aim of this role is to provide a safe, caring, and stimulating environment for children by working with and supporting colleagues to enhance children’s education and social development with special attention being paid to fostering positive behaviour.
Tasks will include:
- Undertake day to day nursery duties to ensure high standards of care and education are maintained.
- Adhere to the Village’s policies and procedures to ensure that high standards are maintained at all times.
- Establish informal relationships with parents/carers of the children to ensure that they are engaged in the child’s education and development.
- Contribute to partnership working with staff to ensure that the children have access to appropriate activities to support their physical, emotional, social, and intellectual development whilst being aware of families’ ethnic, cultural and linguistic development.
- Support the work of the Village Supervisor in providing a suitable curriculum that enables children to achieve their early learning goals.
- With other staff, contribute to the planning, observation and assessment procedures to ensure children’s progress is satisfactory.
- Maintain a recording system for individual children, which enables effective storage and retrieval of information which can be shared with parents and other agencies, being aware of the confidentiality of the information contained therein.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to the Supervisor to ensure children’s wellbeing.
£3.90 per hour
The nursery is open 49 weeks a year Monday – Friday.
The Shifts which will rotate are:
Good standard of general education
Previous experience working with children
Ability to relate to children and adults
Good influencing skills
GCSE in English and maths A-C/9-4 or equivalent
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.