Apprentice Transport Coordinator
1 day left
VJ Technology is one of the leading distributors of Fixings, Fasteners and Building Consumables in the UK. Our customers include a range of the most renowned names in the Construction and Civil Engineering industries; among them are main contractors and specialist sub-contractors.
As well as a vast product range, VJ Technology also offers:
- Full technical support
- HAVS and RCS Test Laboratory
- Training: PAT and Abrasive Wheels
- Research and Development
- Site testing of anchors and rebar
Description of Vacancy
We are looking for an apprentice to join our busy team in Ashford.
The role of the Transport Coordinator is to proactively – link between sales/warehouse/transport Monitor outgoing freight, update systems with relevant information – track deliveries to ensure deliveries are made.
Duties will include:
- Ensure delivery booking requests are met
- Ensure goods are delivered on time by keeping up to date with their progress
- Liaise with sales team to provide best service option for all deliveries
- To give 48hrs notice of delivery for scheduled loads going to Depots and Sites – Liaising with the warehouse team, sales and transport to confirm that all details are correct
- Cross reference paperwork against loads scheduled to ensure all orders are placed correctly and dealing with any discrepancies
- Answer general delivery queries and deal with delivery discrepancies
- Handle requests for emergency delivery requirement
- Liaising with the Customer Service Coordinators as required
- Build good working relations with all internal stakeholders
- General administration duties
£8000 per year (negotiable depending on experience)
Monday to Friday
40 hours per week
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other departments
- Highly organised
- Strong attention to detail
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Flexible, adaptable and receptive to new ideas
- Good timekeeping and attendance record
A* – C Maths and English or equivalent is desirable
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.