Apprentice Insurance Broker with Alan & Thomas Insurance Group
About the company:
A&T (a part of the Brokerbility group) are a growing company that currently have 5 offices across the South of the UK. We provide commercial insurance solutions and risk management for businesses, organisations, charities and private individuals. We are in the top 100 independent brokers in the UK and have been awarded Chartered Broker Status which is the industry’s gold standard.
About the role:
- Assist Account Handlers/Advisers/Account Executives with administration support on a daily basis including general enquiries, renewals, mid term adjustments, obtaining quotations, filing, photocopying and accounting procedures as requested
- Deal with customer service (i.e. non advice) enquiries from clients, insurers and other third parties in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage administration of client renewals, including renewal documentation; renewal quotations and accounting procedures ensuring FCA deadlines are adhered to.
- Assist in preparation of sales and renewal documentation including client letters, renewal and final reports as applicable.
- Administer mid term adjustments.
- Input data onto the office systems.
- Maintain an efficient diary system including age debtors lists, accounts queries, chasing documentation and renewal terms
- Liaise with insurers and other third parties regarding the administration of client’s insurance needs.
- Develop good working relationships with key Insurer personnel
- Adhere to T&C scheme requirements.
- Adhere to FCA requirements
Brokerbility and the Academy
Brokerbility is an exclusive group of like-minded, high quality independent brokers. The brokers within the organisation were selected for their reputation in the insurance marketplace and as a result are all well established, highly ethical, well managed and forward thinking businesses in their own right.
Brokerbility acquired its first broker in January 2006 and since then has developed and strengthened its organisational profile both structurally and financially. Today Brokerbility controls over £640m in premiums. The Brokerbility Academy was created to help us maintain our reputation by continuing to recruit and train the very best of people within the group. If you consider yourself to have what it takes to be excellent then we have the commitment, resource and finances to invest in you. Excellent people are what we are made of.
The additional Brokerbility Academy programme will include:
- Induction with peers across the Brokerbility network
- Business & Soft Skills Workshop
- Claims & Risk Management Workshop
- Key Partner Underwriting and Broking Master Class
- Introduction to Sales 2 day Professional Workshop
- Graduation Event held in the CII Great Hall, Aldermanbury, London
All the Brokerbility Academy events will take place away from the normal place of business and candidates will be expected to travel to various UK venues and actively participate in the programme.
About the Award
As an Insurance Practitioner Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the new apprenticeship standard - Insurance Practitioner level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. This apprenticeship is aligned to the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and uses an innovative and flexible approach to demonstrating competency in the workplace.
Completion of the apprenticeship will result in the awarding of the Certificate in Insurance from the CII (Cert CIIO -Chartered Insurance Institute).
The apprenticeship will be studied using our Online Classroom, supported by our award winning Virtual Learning Environment.
Created by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), leading financial services and insurance employers this Standard is designed to encourage access to the insurance profession by providing an entry level role into the industry.
It includes a Level 3 CII professional qualification (Cert CII designation) with an innovative and flexible approach to demonstrating competency. The Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours learnt will be transferable across roles within the business such as insurance claims, loss adjusting, broking, underwriting, reinsurance, client relations and account management.
- High level interpersonal skills
- Ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships
- Communication skills
- ble to communicate to people with various levels of knowledge face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
- Planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Computer literate and thorough understanding of MS Office
- Efficient Administration skills.