Apprentice/Trainee Account Handler (CII Level 3) with Clear Insurance Management
About the company:
Clear was established in 2001 with the aim of making strong client and insurer relationships the bedrock of our business. We set about creating a distinct culture of professionalism coupled with informality and recruiting only those people we were confident could prosper in that environment.
Our original objective was to build a medium-sized independent broker based on high quality advice and strong relationships. We have made 20 acquisitions and are proud that many of the vendors are still actively involved with the business many years beyond the acquisition of their company.
In 2013, we were awarded Chartered status, joining only a select number of brokers to uphold and maintain the standards set by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).
After 14 years we have a successful, well-established & growing business.
About the role:
- To gain a full understanding of the Insurance Market and the inner workings of how an Insurance Broker operates
- Work towards achieving Cert CII qualifications within 18 months unless otherwise agreed
- Attendance at all study days (unless agreed with your Mentor)
- Work within various departments, as defined in your Apprentice Programme. Your duties will be defined by the Department Manager
- Take part in organised training in relation to Insurance Products and Insurer Systems
- Work towards defined targets
- Build strong relationships with Insurers
- Comply with regulatory requirements, industry Codes of Practice and the Company’s own procedures and rules
- Produce a brief report for your Mentor each Friday outlining your activities for the week and your learnings. Highlight any points that that you require additional assistance or training with
- Produce a monthly presentation outlining your learnings
- Produce a presentation at the end of your period with a department. This will be presented to your Mentors, Commercial Risks Director, HR Manager, Deputy CEO and CEO
- Undertake any additional duties as may be reasonably requested by the Directors
Brokerbility and the Academy
Brokerbility is an exclusive group of like-minded, high quality independent brokers. The brokers within the organisation were selected for their reputation in the insurance marketplace and as a result are all well established, highly ethical, well managed and forward thinking businesses in their own right.
Brokerbility acquired its first broker in January 2006 and since then has developed and strengthened its organisational profile both structurally and financially. Today Brokerbility controls over £640m in premiums. The Brokerbility Academy was created to help us maintain our reputation by continuing to recruit and train the very best of people within the group. If you consider yourself to have what it takes to be excellent then we have the commitment, resource and finances to invest in you. Excellent people are what we are made of.
The additional Brokerbility Academy programme will include:
- Induction with peers across the Brokerbility network
- Business & Soft Skills Workshop
- Claims & Risk Management Workshop
- Key Partner Underwriting and Broking Master Class
- Introduction to Sales 2 day Professional Workshop
- Graduation Event held in the CII Great Hall, Aldermanbury, London
All the Brokerbility Academy events will take place away from the normal place of business and candidates will be expected to travel to various UK venues and actively participate in the programme.
About the Award
As an Insurance Practitioner Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the new apprenticeship standard - Insurance Practitioner level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. This apprenticeship is aligned to the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and uses an innovative and flexible approach to demonstrating competency in the workplace.
Completion of the apprenticeship will result in the awarding of the Certificate in Insurance from the CII (Cert CIIO -Chartered Insurance Institute).
The apprenticeship will be studied using our Online Classroom, supported by our award winning Virtual Learning Environment.
Created by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), leading financial services and insurance employers this Standard is designed to encourage access to the insurance profession by providing an entry level role into the industry.
It includes a Level 3 CII professional qualification (Cert CII designation) with an innovative and flexible approach to demonstrating competency. The Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours learnt will be transferable across roles within the business such as insurance claims, loss adjusting, broking, underwriting, reinsurance, client relations and account management.
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Efficient Administration skills
- High level interpersonal skills – Ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Communication skills – Able to communicate to people with various levels of knowledge face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
- Experience within Outlook, Word and Excel would be beneficial