PR Apprentice (Level 4)
PR and social media agency Montage crafts compelling brand stories that encourages consumers to Find, Love & Buy! Experts in international retail marketing communications to help grow FMCG, Food & Homewares brands. We love what we do and we're looking for a PR Apprentice passionate about communications and social media, whilst being committed to learning and becoming an integral team player. This role is perfect for those with an interest in marketing, media and writing and the right candidate will gain incredible experience working on a wide-ranging (global) client portfolio.
We are looking for a talented Apprentice to join our growing team in Bury St Edmunds, working with leading global brands like brand Brabantia, Sphero, Groov-e, Somerdale and SIGG.
This is an exciting opportunity - we are on the look out for a real ‘self-starter' - someone who will use their initiative, be energetic and make the most of the opportunity.
Maybe you have your own social media accounts and love to blog and Tweet, perhaps you love Pinterest and love to create fab boards?
An interest in the retail, consumer and food and drink sectors is an advantage. The role includes traditional and social media relations.
The PR Apprentice will be required to undertake (but not be restricted to) the following activities as part of their role.
- Writing - Writing for business communications, communicating effectively with PR clients, writing for the media (this could include articles, news releases, blogs, and case studies)
- Social Media - Understanding when and which social media channel is appropriate and how it can be incorporated into a PR campaign. Using social media in a strategic and effective way for companies and brands
- Media Liaison - Understanding how the media operates, dealing with day to day inquiries from the media, pitching stories and/or products to the media, building relationships with the media (i.e. journalists), creating media lists, monitoring press clippings, sending/receiving press selection products
Client Liaison - ability to converse with clients and suppliers in a professional manner by telephone, email and face to face.
Office Support - supporting account handlers with general admin
- Deliver PR Campaigns - Supporting the team in creating new campaigns, working to deliver a strategy for a client or organisation
- Evaluate PR Campaigns - Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of PR campaigns and measuring their impact
- Presentation - Planning, structuring and delivering presentations internally and externally
- Research & Data Analysis - Conducting research for the team and/or clients and reporting key details
- Events - Planning, organising and co-coordinating events, meeting the objectives of the brief.
The PR apprentice will also be required to demonstrate workload management including:
- Time Management - Effective planning, organising and prioritising your workload to ensure you meet deadlines and objectives
- Front of Desk - responsibilities include being first point of call for all visitors, setting up of meeting rooms (including coffee & tea for clients), directing all incoming calls
- Timesheet Management - Meeting deadlines for recording how much time is spent with each client
- Apprenticeship training - Work must be completed by the given deadlines
- You must follow company and training provider procedures at all times
- Produce high quality work with attention to detail
- Maintain a positive company, professional and personal image
- You may be required to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office packages and experienced in social media
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Organised and able to manage own time
- A ‘self-starter' - someone who will use their initiative, be energetic and make the most of the opportunity
- Motivated and committed
- Minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent is desirable
- GCSE A*- C in English or equivalent
- GCSE A* - C in Maths or equivalent