Production Technician Apprentice
Location: Alperton, UK
Contract: Permanent/Full-time or Part-time study
Role Description & Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include the following listed below and other duties may be assigned depending on the needs of the business:
• To assemble, test and qualify the scientific instrumentation that SMS supplies to its customers
• To work safely and to promote safe working practices throughout the Production Team
• To contribute to the smooth running of the Production Team
• Following work instructions and helping in keeping the documentation up-to-date
• Helping in the production of new production documentation
• Working within the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure consistently high quality products
• Completing engineering change requests (EC’s), continuous improvement requests (CIR’s) and non-conformance reports (NCR’s) to the satisfaction of the Production Manager
Skills to be Developed as an Apprentice
The position of Production Technician requires an experienced a broad range of technical capabilities, including, but not limited to:
• An understanding of engineering principles, and a knowledge of the principles of electronic design
• Capability of wiring, soldering, electrical testing and fault finding
• Investigation and resolution of production problems
• The ability to write or edit technical documentation for internal and external use,
In addition, good communication skills are essential.
Preferred Skills & Experience
An interest and desire to develop a good understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering, including, but not limited to:
• Knowledge of electrical or electro-mechanical assembly or service
• An understanding of the operation of ISO9001:2008 and how quality management systems can improve customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of ISO9001 and/or ISO13485 quality management systems.
• Knowledge of OHSAS18001 health and safety management systems.
• Windows® Window 7® or later operating systems.
• Microsoft Office 2010 or later office suites.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
The position requires a person with a minimum of 5 good GCSE’s including English, Maths and Science (Physics/Chemistry) ;or studying towards BTEC in Electrical Engineering.
Training will be provided on-the-job to supplement college education.
You will be working in a small team with other engineers and scientists and should not only be able to work as a member of a team but must also be self-reliant and show personal initiative in order to get on effectively with project work independently.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Interested individuals should send CV with the job title “Production Technician Apprentice” as the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.