Apprentice Primary School Sports Specialist
PH Sports are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic apprentice sports specialist to work alongside our full-time delivery staff. You will assist with PE lessons delivered by our PE staff and be responsible for delivering breakfast, lunch and after school clubs. You will also be responsible for some office duties. You will be assigned a mentor; this will be a Full-Time member of staff. They will work with you to develop your teaching technique as well as support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
- 1 year, Full-Time apprenticeship, working 37.5 hours a week.
- 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport (QCF).
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport (QCF).
- 1 day per week contact time with course tutor.
- Personal PH Sports mentor.
- Enhance your school sport delivery techniques by shadowing full time PE staff and supporting them in their lessons.
- Develop administrative skills within your office duties.
- CPD opportunities to enable you to add your coaching/teaching & administrative toolkit to support your progress through the company.
What do you need?
Essential: NGB Level 1 in a specific sport (e.g. cricket, football, gymnastics, multi-skills etc.) Full UK Driving License.
Desired: DBS, Safeguarding Children, First Aid
- You will have the opportunity to learn and progress within the company.
- Following your apprenticeship you will have the opportunity of a full time role within the company.
- When delivering breakfast and after school clubs you will receive an extra bonus (up £3,000 pa) depending on numbers of children attending your clubs.
- You will also receive mileage
If successful with your application, you will be starting September 2019
PH Sports will be in contact via email and phone to arrange an interview and observation. You will be required to deliver a 1 hour session to a small group in school. This will be observed by a full-time member of our staff. You will also receive feedback on your observation and at a later date be contacted to let you know if you’ve been successful.
Our apprentices have written short stories of what being an apprentice at PH Sports is like. If you are interested in finding out more about your roles and responsibilities as a member of the team or just the company in general, I would highly recommend visiting our website and have a quick read.