During this exciting time at Brandwatch we are looking for Interns who want to gain experience in our Engineering Department.
We are a group of people around the world working together to create something amazing - doing something no-one has done before, and in a way no-one has thought of. This is the ideal opportunity for students that are looking to gain industry experience as part of a science or technology related degree, or for those looking to change careers. It's an internship that will give you interesting problems to solve, and the chance to learn new skills and work with new technologies.
As an intern you will be placed, typically for 3 months, within one of our engineering teams, including backend Java development, front end web-development, and data science.
What are we looking for?
- An upcoming graduate that is looking to join a technology focused and innovative company
- A self-starter with a passion and a drive for experimentation and technology
- Demonstrated programming skills
For placement into back-end engineering teams we will be looking for:
- Experience of Java programming and related dev tools ev such as Intellij, Maven, Git, Linux
- Keen to experiment with technologies such as Spring, Apache Kafka, Apache Solr, Hadoop (Data) and PostgreSQL
For placement into front-end engineering teams we will be looking for:
- Keen to experiment with JS frameworks (e.g. React, Backbone etc), Git and Node.js
For placement into the Data Science team we will be looking for:
- Comfortable with mathematics such as probability theory, statistics and calculus.
- A desire to apply data modelling techniques such as machine learning and time series analysis.
If you fit the bill and you're looking for a fascinating challenge don't hesitate in applying.
- Small teams of skilled people, in a friendly and relaxed environment
- Quiet hours for developers so you can work uninterrupted throughout the morning
- Work with people all over the world
- 10% of your time to work on something new, reading groups, tech talks, generous training and conference budgets, and any technical books you need
What we offer:
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution. In addition, a 1 year parental leave with a flexible back-to-work scheme.
Culture:Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 10 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone's voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch:Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the vibrant North Laine in our contemporary offices. Whilst we don't believe in stereotypes, we host subsidized onsite pilates and yoga classes along with our Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi lunches, flexible working spaces, weekly massages and if you're lucky we'll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beache or our fortnightly massages right from the office.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.