A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Warehousing/Logistics Apprentice to join a company based in Runcorn who specialise in improving patient outcomes and on advancing resuscitation. Their products and solutions encompass multiple facets of resuscitation and work as a system to help improve survival rates from sudden cardiac arrest.
Offering products to support resuscitation efforts in NHS and private hospitals and ambulance services, commercial organisations, GP and dental practices, community care facilities, schools, colleges and universities, police and fire services, and sporting fitness and leisure clubs.
Title: Logistics Operative Organisation:
General Hours: Between 8:00 – 18:00, Monday – Friday as per your shift times and 8:30 – 12:00, Saturdays as per Saturday rota (on an as needed basis) Lunch: 30 mins per day Breaks: 2 x 15 minutes per day £6.50 per hour
Reports to: Logistics Manager
SUMMARY: The job of Warehouse Operative at (Company) is described as:
To process movements of goods in and out of the warehouse in accordance with stated company procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide Excellent Customer Service by:
- Pick goods to go out to customers
- Ensure goods are picked correctly first time
- Pack goods to be shipped
- Complete relevant paperwork in a timely manner
- Unload pallets of newly arrived goods
- Fill out goods receiving check form with delivery driver
- De-label box or pallet to remove all supplier information
- Communicate with customers on the progress of their deliveries.
- Check basic shipment details agree to packing lists (e.g. number of pallets)
- Unpack parts in an orderly fashion ready for checking
- Inspect parts for damage
- Check off delivery quantities using packing list, advice note or invoice
- Stamp all parts with supplier code and date code and remove any manufacturer’s barcode or any other identifying marks which could be used to identify our supplier
- Bag all unboxed parts
- Label all parts with the relevant code
- Transfer to dynamic location to await ‘Put Away’
- For all deliveries of non-original parts, locate stock into quarantine and then liaise with workshop to determine which parts require testing
- Locate all bulk stock items as required
- Follow health & safety procedures
- Have good time management
What the Apprenticeship will cover:
Learners will complete training and activities to cover the core knowledge, skills and behaviours listed below. These are completed through workbooks, practical sessions and observations and have been designed to meet the Level 2 Warehousing Operative Standard.
Learners will have regular meetings with their tutor and employer to ensure progress during the first 12 months. Once ready, they will then complete their End Point Assessment.
- Understand Safe driving and/or operating techniques to standard
- Understand how to minimise the effect their work (and the wider industry) has on the environment
- Safe use of equipment and machinery
- Use of warehouse systems and processes relating to packaging, moving and receiving stock
- Use of Basic IT applications and other relevant technology and systems
- Understand Relevant regulation and legislation
- Effective communication with customers
- Understand the Structure of the industry
- Understand the importance of delivering excellent customer service to customers and colleagues, including identifying needs and responding appropriately in line with situation and organisational style/culture
- Understand the vision, objectives and brand of the organisation
- Operate and handle equipment safely and efficiently as required for their role, such as Forklift
Trucks, High Reach Trucks, Powered Pallet Trucks or Man Up Trucks
- Comply with appropriate rules, regulations and processes for safely and efficiently moving, handling, packing and unpacking different items, both manually and using relevant equipment
- Work individually and as part of a team to safely move and handle objects
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes.
- Select, prepare and use packaging materials appropriate to the job efficiently and in a way which reduces waste, costs and environmental impact
- Use correct equipment and procedures to record receiving or stowing goods
- Promote the values of the organisation
- Work effectively in a warehousing team, including when under pressure, and to agreed deadlines• Use IT applications and other relevant technology and systems, including warehousing management, data capture, radio and barcoding systems, to ensure the safe and efficient processing of goods
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility, honesty, positivity and personal drive in every aspect of their role
- Take ownership for own performance and training
- Show personal commitment to minimising the effect of work activities on the environment
- Adapt to and embrace the use of relevant technology, systems and equipment
What qualification will you get?
- Warehousing Operative Level 2 Standard • Level 1/2 Functional Skills Maths*
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills English*
Any person that comes onto our apprenticeship programmes will in addition to the apprenticeship qualification have access to over 500 e-learning courses which you will gain certification for any undertaken. These are optional and not a requirement of the apprenticeship programme and totally free of charge.
What reward will you get?
You will be working for one of the worlds leading developers, manufacturers and suppliers of life saving devices. In addition to your starting salary, you will be enrolled in a reward scheme providing you with a quarterly bonus linked to your high levels of customer service, behaviour and achievement of your learning program.
Apply for Warehousing/Logistics Apprenticeship
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly