Technical Administrator/Trainee Manager
Urban Marque are designers, engineers and manufacturers of bespoke timber buildings, specialising in high-end, one off Lodge Homes that will qualify as both mobile homes and permanent dwellings compliant with the UK Building Regulations and the 1968 Caravan Acts.
Urban Marque are a professional company and do not engage in any high-pressure sales techniques and do not employ commissioned sales persons or operate a pay per view referral scheme that is quite usual in this industry. We operate as professionals, observing traditional business ethics and our integrity is without question.
What we offer:
1. The opportunity to learn many different aspects of our industry depending on the enthusiasm and capability of the apprentice. Learning will be by way of one to one tuition in many disciplines required to qualify an individual to be confident to tackle any aspect of our industry. The apprentice will share offices with others, including directors on a ‘hot desk’ basis allowing him/her to be part of discussions and listen/learn from conversations in-house.
The apprentice will have his/her own laptop computer on which to work and be introduced to the Urban Marque systems. In a shared office environment they will learn how to answer phones and deal with client enquiries and on-going queries. They will be given concentrated and time dedicated tuition into the system operations and move onto record keeping. It is envisaged that the apprentice will be competent and capable of dealing with day to day general office operations with confidence in a fairly short time span.
The apprentice will move on to learning the basics of:
a. Reading and interpreting construction drawings
b. Planning and construction law
c. Taking off material quantities from construction drawings
d. Assisting to prepare quotations.
a. The apprentice will have the opportunity of learning construction techniques and site procedures.
b. Visit live construction sites with a competent person for visual experience and further understanding of component installation and construction installation and technique
c. Be encouraged to sit in with client meetings on a face to face basis to discuss their
requirements and answer questions on bespoke supplies, legal and technical queries.
d. Be encouraged to learn selling communication techniques and be confident that they are
able to deal with any aspect or query as a result of steps one and two above.
The aim of the previous structured learning programme is to prepare the apprentice for the
opportunity of dealing with his/her own projects with little or no input from others and be rewarded
accordingly. We want a long term and valued member of staff and to this end we are prepared to
invest in a suitable person and make employment with Urban Marque as enjoyable and interesting
About the employer
Urban Marque design, engineer and manufacture bespoke timber buildings such as Lodges and Garden Annexes. We specialise in buildings that comply with permitted development and no planning permission required rules.
2 Discovery Business Park Broadway,
Monday - Friday between the hours of 8.30am-6pm
(1 hour lunch break)
- Great communication skills
- Initiative to learn
- Good sense of humour
- It is desired that the successful candidate will have achieved GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 in English and maths
- However, if not, we will help and support by providing Functional Skills training and exams.
- There is the possibility for the successful candidate to then progress onto their Level 3 programme after completion of their Level 2.
- Additionally there is the possibility to progress onto a full time position within the company for the right candidate.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Business Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If needed)
This Apprenticeship programme will be delivered and completed in the workplace, meaning there is no required day release to college. Upon starting this Apprenticeship programme, the successful candidate will be allocated a training consultant who will visit them in the workplace.
The apprentice will have regular contact from their allocated training consultant and will be allocated time within their working hours to complete the work that is set for them as part of the Apprenticeship programme.
Business and Administration
Apply for Technical Administrator/Trainee Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly