Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship
Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship
Covance - Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Every day is another chance to help save the lives of millions of people around the world. When you join our team, you get to be a part of that.”
Who we are and what we do:
We are a world-leading life sciences company offering laboratory testing and development services to the pharmaceutical industry across the globe, dedicated to delivering solutions that make a real difference to millions worldwide.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in science and in one another. We believe that supportive teams, passionate people and inspired thinking are the formula for Better Science. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
As an apprentice laboratory technician within Covance, you will play an integral role in supporting all aspects of laboratory and study support functions for our testing and development work. Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully-tailored training program, you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of clinical trials and bringing miracles of medicine to market.
This is an introductory role that would suit someone looking for their first step in a career within the science industry.
You will learn the following:
- Routine and one-off laboratory testing and how to perform a variety of technical laboratory techniques;
- Work both individually and as part of the laboratory team;
- Work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that is undertaken;
- Work safely in the laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems;
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and be able to maintain good accurate written records of work carried out;
- Follow quality procedures to meet the requirements of quality standards relevant to the workplace;
- Develop and apply your theoretical knowledge of relevant science and technology;
- Develop Laboratory based skills relevant to your role.
What you'll receive:
- You'll undertake an Advanced Apprenticeship in Laboratory Technician over the course of 24 months,
- You will study for a HNC,
- An IOSH level 2 certificate,
- A chance to Act as an Ambassador across Yorkshire for Science roles,
- A salary of £13,500 in your first year rising to Approx. £16,100 in your second year based on performance,
- A generous benefits and holiday package
- Progression opportunities and a chance to work on ground breaking trials
Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of ground breaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow's drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients and your career.
By Applying for this role you agree to us sharing your data with our training and recruitment partner for the purpose of this recruitment campaign.
PLEASE NOTE TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST NOT HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED A SCIENCE QUALIFCIATION HIGHER THAN LEVEL 3 AND MUST HAVE BEEN A UK RESIDENT FOR 3 YEARS OR MORE AS PER THE NATIONAL APPRENITCESHIP REQUIREMENTS.
Start date: September 2019.
To Apply go to: www.careers.covance.com/
- Business Acumen: Basic understanding of the business environment in which the company operates, including personal role within the organisation, ethical practice and codes of conduct.
- Behaviors: Demonstrates the required attitudes, behaviors and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace.
- Knowledge: Demonstrates safe working in a laboratory environment, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate Health, safety, environmental procedures.
- Minimum Criterial:
- An A-level in Biology or Chemistry preferred but not essential, or relevant work Experience, or a level 3 science based qualification,
- A passion for science,
- A willingness to learn,
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team,
- Great attention to detail,
- Good communication skills