Apprentice Auto & Mobile Electrical Engineer Technician
As a field based Apprentice Engineer you will be working with various types of vehicles, installing and servicing telematics devices and other electronic devices including cameras, parking sensors, GPS and audio systems.
Work is varied and will include working on customers vehicles, be it at private addresses or on site at fleet yards.
You will be assigned a mentor who is an experienced and qualified engineer to guide and train you in diverse aspects of auto electrics, professionalism and the world of work.
You may be required to travel short distances to meet with your mentor on a daily basis, however in the majority of cases you will be picked up and dropped off to your home address.
Apprentices are required to attend the academy every 4-6 weeks. If you are required to complete your English, maths and ICT you will also be required to attend the academy for functional skills lessons. Travel costs will be reimbursed.
- Working on vehicles ranging from domestic cars to commercial vehicles and HGV’s
- Training on electrical components of the vehicle including wiring and connectivity
- Training on removing and replacing interior panels of the vehicle
- Training on stripping and tapping into live feeds on a vehicle
- Working with bespoke software
- Speaking to and providing great customer service to customers and colleagues in the call centre and around the country
- Working alongside your mentor to ensure you gain technical and professional skill
- Good practical skills
- Technical mindset
- Attention to detail
- Working to the highest standard
- Hard working
- Good communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Love of vehicles and engineering
- Great team player
- Willingness to learn
- Respectful and kind
- Good personal presentation
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Honest and trustworthy
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Dependable team member
- Ability to take instructions
- Ability to be coachable
- Excellent prospects for progression, independent working with the responsibility of using a company vehicle
- Attractive salary once qualified
Things to consider
- Field based
- Customer facing
- Prepared to potentially travel to mentor
Apply for Apprentice Auto & Mobile Electrical Engineer Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly