Higher Apprentice Technical
3 days left
- The role of Technical Higher Apprentice will be reporting to the Area Technical Manager and form part of the Technical team
- The role will develop a thorough understanding of technical practices at various sites within the designated region
- This will include developing a detailed understanding of our different product streams and associated processes, procedures and quality standards, e.g. Asphalt, Crushed Rock, Sand & Gravel, Slag / Granulate and Concrete
- Working closely with the Operations and Commercial functions, as part of the technical team you will be focused on product performance, to ensure both operational and customer expectations are met
- This will involve providing a technical presence at customer sites when necessary to support the resolution of any issues
The off-the-job elements of the role, in conjunction with University of Derby, will qualify you to HND standard following 3 years employment and to Honours Degree level after 5 years.
Requirements and prospects
You should be an excellent communicator as able to work effectively as part of a team.
A high level of accuracy with data and information reporting will be required and some IT literacy will be essential.
As our ideal Technical Higher Apprentice, you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and a self-motivated, self starter, willing to learn and take on a challenge, an effective communicator, a passion for sustainability and a desire to question the status quo
You will have 5 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 4-9 (A*-C equivalent) plus 80 UCAS points or equivalent at A/AS level,preferably in science based subjects.
We are employing apprentices to safeguard our future as a business, it is envisaged you will be offered a permanent position on completion of your apprenticeship, subject to the availability of a suitable role.
Things to consider
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates