Higher Apprentice Operations Management
- The role ofOperations Management Higher Apprentice will be reporting to the Area Operations Manager, this Higher Apprentice role will develop a thorough understanding of operational practices at various sites within the designated region
- This will include developing a detailed understanding of our different product streams and associated processes, procedures and quality standards, e.g. Asphalt, Crushed Rock, Sand & Gravel, Slag / Granulate, Concrete and Wharf procedures
- You will gain an in depth knowledge of H&S requirements and best practice including risk assessment, safety improvement plans, and permit to work requirements
- You will learn how to operate fixed & mobile plant, weighbridge operations and all associated IT systems such as SAP
- Your general business awareness across all functions will also be developed so that you understand the cross functional implications of all operational decisions
- The off-the-job elements of the role, in conjunction with University of Derby, will qualify you to HND standard following 3 years employment and to Honours Degree level after 5 years
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Operations Management Higher Apprentice, we want to hear from you.
Requirements and prospects
You should be an excellent communicator as able to work effectively as part of a team.
A high level of accuracy with data and information reporting will be required and some IT literacy will be essential.
As our ideal Operations Management Higher Apprentice, you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated.
You will have 5 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 4-9 (A*-C equivalent) plus 80 UCAS points or equivalent at A/AS level.
We are employing apprentices to safeguard our future as a business, it is envisaged you will be offered a permanent position on completion of your apprenticeship, subject to the availability of a suitable role.
Things to consider
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates